Thursday, July 5, 2007

I'm officially a blogger...

So the Sloan family is about to go through some big changes, especially concerning our living quarters, so I thought I would try this as a way to share with all of you. Most of you know we've been living with my mom and dad for the past few weeks. So far it hasn't been bad at all, but I think we'll all be relieved when we move into the new house.
We spent yesterday at my aunt and uncles house for the 4th. When it was time for us to come back to mom and dad's my aunt told Judson "it's time to go your house now". Judson looked at her and said "Um...I don't have a house". He told her "Bob the Builder" isn't done building it for us yet. That's what we told them so they would kind of understand what's going on and be patient with the process. When we take them out to the house to look around and see all the updates they know where each of their rooms are and where the playroom is. They just run around screaming and laughing. They are just so excited! We all can't wait for the move!
As of now we are scheduled to do a post-construction walk-through next Tuesday, the 10th, and then we'll close on Friday the 13th. (Good thing we're not superstitious!) After we close I want to take a week or so to get the house painted before moving the furniture in. By the end of it I'll probably never want to see a paint roller again, but I'm not one to live in a house with white walls.
Well, that's enough rambling for now. I hope you'll all check back and see what's going on in our world. I'll try to figure out how to post pics as well.