Friday, October 26, 2007

Life update



So I got excited about this blog thing for one afternoon and then kind of abandoned it. I'm back on track and hopefully I can keep it up to date.

Since my first post a lot has changed. Things didn't go exactly as planned with our closing. I know you're shocked! We didn't end up closing until Monday, July 23rd. With schedule conflicts and timing I wasn't able to get the painting done prior to moving in so that has been a slow process that I'm finally getting back into. The kids rooms got done first. Judson has a dinosaur room and Ryann's is a funky fairy room. They both are thrilled with them. I, on the other hand, feel there is much accessorizing to be done. If we could just pick the right numbers for the lottery we'd be set! :)

This past Sunday Todd and I painted the upstairs bathroom. That is done in a lovely jungle motif. The kids love it! Yesterday I tackled the very small "powder room" as it's called here in the South. Close quarters and a dark red color make for a very frustrating afternoon for me. Much sweat and 3 coats of paint later I'm still not happy with the results, but I've called my therapist and I'll be OK with it in few years, I'm sure. Yes, I have a problem. Now we just have 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, the great room, kitchen/dining room, laundry room/office, Todd's office and the playroom to paint and we'll be set...Whew! I wanted that done before Thanksgiving. Not gonna happen!

Kids:

Maston is 8 years old now and in the 2nd grade. We still see him one weekend a month. He's spent most of his Saturdays this summer, at Carowinds with Todd, either at the water park or going on as many roller coasters as he can.

Judson started his second year of preschool in September at Good Shepard United Methodist church. He attends Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings from 9 to 1. He seems to really enjoy it. His teachers are a little less personal with me than last year, but I think it's preparing Judson and myself for kindergarten. YIKES!

Ryann would love to be in preschool with Judson, but much to her dismay she is stuck at home with mommy. We probably hit Target more often than we should, but by the time I get Judson to school I've showered, put on make-up and gotten both the kids dressed and out the door. I can't waste all that effort just to come home. I feel I need to be rewarded. I'm going SOMEWHERE. We have fun with our girl time.

Todd:

Still working at Velocitor. Computer stuff I don't understand, so I won't attempt to elaborate. He plays bass most Sundays at our church, Next Level. He's on an emotional roller coaster each week with the Panthers. We'll see what happens with that. He and a friend bought season tickets for our pro-basketball team, the Bobcats, this year so that will be starting up next month. I'm sure that's something he'll really enjoy.

I'm still at home trying to run the show. Not that I'm a control freak or anything. :) I haven't yet found my method of keeping up with this house and the daily routine of preschool, play time, laundry, dirty dishes, floors that need to be constantly swept and vacuumed, meals...but I'm grateful that I am able to stay home and keep trying. Also, after almost 3 years now, I can no longer blame the condition of my body on "the baby weight". I have started trying to use this foreign concept called "portion control" and I try to go at least 4 days a week to our community fitness center to walk an hour on the treadmill. It's not my favorite past time, but something has to be done! :)

Well, that's it for now. I'm sure you're disappointed. Our life's a real page turner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

alright young lady, I can not give your blog 'street cred' until I see photos of your kids in full on halloween costumes. Rumor has it halloween is a pagan holiday, but there is nothing evil about candy corn.
kinner