So yesterday was a big day around here. I woke up to Judson standing next to my bed asking "Can we go halloweening now?" This was the first of many times I had to use the phrase "after daddy gets home from work". It was a long day...
Judson had a "Pajama Party" at preschool so I changed them out of the slept in pajamas into their "good pajamas" and we were off. Ryann doesn't go to preschool yet, but she got to wear her pajamas as well. I thought about just staying in mine too...Why not? If I didn't have some errands to run I probably would have.
After preschool, and another series of question an answer, it was nap time. Surprisingly they both were able to calm their excitement enough to sleep. After nap I got their costumes on, Judson as a cowboy, Ryann as Tinkerbell, and we waited, and waited, and waited for Todd to get home. We took some pictures and then set off. We were a little worried that Judson would get too scared and wouldn't last long, but he was like a new man this year. Nothing was going to stop him from getting his candy. In fact, by the end of the night one of them would ring the doorbell and then Judson would knock and scream "trick or treat" at the closed door. By the time the unexpecting residents opened their door they were practically tackled as Judson informed them "I like M&M's" or "Is this a candy bar?". We will definitely need to work on better trick or treat etiquette before next year, but all in all it was a great night, and I have to say that Judson's peanut allergies are working out nicely for Todd and I. The kids have their big bowl of goodies and we have our big bowl of peanut butter goodies too.
I hope you all enjoyed your Halloween as much as we did. Love ya!

3 comments:
Amber
Very impressed with your prompt posting of halloween photos. If you happen to have any extra candy please feel free to ship it to Minneapolis. We ran out of candy by 7:30pm, but that may have been due to the "one for the kids, one for Herm, and one for Kinner program."
I like your program. I may have to implement that into our routine next year. Of course with the amount of candy the kids scored for us we'll still be munching on this stuff next Thanksgiving!
Papa likes peanut butter things too. And I'll be there in a couple of weeks!
Just kidding......thanks for the great pictures.
Post a Comment