Friday, November 23, 2007

Deck the Halls



Today was spent decorating the house for Christmas. This was the first year I attempted to decorate with the kids up and it just reminded me why I usually get the majority done during nap time. They get so excited and want to get into everything! They have their own little tree up in the playroom which they got to decorate all by themselves (almost). They were very proud of themselves. To keep the kids occupied this morning while I sorted ornaments we found the box of Christmas movies and they watched Elmo, Veggie Tales and a Wiggles Christmas movies. Once they went down for nap I put in my holiday decorating movie, "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby. It's a classic and gets me into the Christmas spirit. While I took care of the inside Todd went to work on the outside. We don't go overboard with lights, but enough to make a difference. He did a great job, and the kids love it! Tonight, once it was dark, we put in "The Polar Express". It's my favorite of all the kids movies. By the end I was the only one watching.

No comments: