Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Countdown to Christmas


13 days and counting. We have been moving our cardinal advent calendar that Nana brought us every day excitedly waiting until it gets to December 21st, and our Christmas vacation officially begins. We will be heading to Canton, GA to spend a few days with Nana and Papa Sloan, and auntie Shelly too. We always have such a fun and relaxed time there. The kids take in all the spoiling they can get.
This year Todd and I are going to celebrate an early anniversary and spend a night away at a hotel while Nana and Papa watch the kids. Our anniversary is so close to Christmas that it usually gets passed by without much thought, so this year we're making a point to take special some time together and celebrate 7 years. Can you believe it?

I am way behind on shopping this year. Although I read an article about how Christmas has turned into such a crazy spending time where people feel it necessary to go into debt just to top what they did the previous year. We need to get the focus back on spending our TIME instead of money on family and friends. We have decided to do a game exchange with my parents and siblings this year. Instead of spending a bunch of money we really don't have on things we really don't need we're going to each buy a board or card game, bring it to our family Christmas and play them together. Then everyone will get to bring one home with them. It will be a good way to get the TV off and some real family interaction started. Plus I can show off my Taboo skills! Bring it on!!

Well, I'll end with that. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas with family and friends. Love you!!

No comments: