Yesterday we attended Judson's preschool Christmas program. I have to say the professional quality of a preschool program isn't exactly spectacular, but I would attend several in a season if I had the time. All the little children dressed in their Sunday best and in traditional Christmas colors. All of them beaming with pride. I'm so glad that the simple act of putting on a lacy dress or festive sweater doesn't transform their little personalities like it tends to do with adults. I love the little nose pickers and flashers. Those who scream their carols rather than taking the boring route and singing them.
Judson started out with great enthusiasm. As they filed in he smiled and waved with excitement when he saw all of us waiting to see his performance. I had great hopes, but things took a turn once the music started. He would begin each song with his class until making eye contact with any of us. At that point he would change to his "shy" face and just stare at us all. Through out one whole song he had his back to the audience after catching a glimpse of himself in the large screens at the back of the stage. He decided to watch the show along with the rest of us. Finally when the children were done singing and were made to sit with thier class on the stage while we sang a few more carols as a group he began to cry and call out my name until I finally waved him down to come sit by me. I guess I can't complain. He looked cute up there and at least he wasn't the one picking his nose or staring up some little girls dress. He's saving that for next year!

1 comment:
Good for people to know.
Post a Comment