











We started a new Christmas tradition this year. I have a "Magic 12 Days of Christmas" box. Each morning after the kids have their breakfast one of them gets to move the red bird on the Christmas countdown calendar we got from Nana last year, and the other gets to open the box to see what that days special activity will be. I was off in my counting so I actually think we'll be having 13 days of Christmas this year, but I don't think the kids mind. Here is the list of our 12 days...1st day - "Write letters to Santa"
2nd day - "Play Reindeer Games" - They just got to pick out a bunch of games to play.
3rd day - "Read Christmas Books" - Got all our Christmas books together and read them all.
4th day - "Have a Pretend Snowball Fight" - Made "snowballs" out of tissue paper and had a fight"
5th day - "Go See the Lights" - Drove to a nearby town, McAdenville, where they decorate their main street with thousands of lights. So pretty!
6th day - "Visit Santa" - Went to the mall to sit on Santa's lap. Judson asked for a "transformer" and Ryann wanted a "dolly". No tears!
7th day - "Play Nativity Dress-up" - I told them the real Christmas story and they dressed up as Mary and Joseph to take pictures.
8th day - "Go see a Movie" - We're taking them to see "The Tail of Despereaux" tomorrow. Can't wait!
9th day - "Make Reindeer Food" - Found a cute recipe of rolled oats, sugar and glitter to mix up and sprinkle on the yard to attract Santa's reindeer on Christmas eve.
10th day - "Make Cookies" - Making and decorating gingerbread cookies.
11th day - "Nana, Papa, and Shelly" - Just what it says, Nana, Papa and Shelly Sloan get here!
12th day - "Make "Gingerbread" Houses" - They're going to make graham cracker houses with Nana and Shelly.
Well, those are our 12 days. I've posted pics of what we've done so far. I'll add more next week.


No comments:
Post a Comment