
We planted my first garden today. It was an early Mother's Day gift. Earlier this week Todd moved the play equipment from this blocked off section of the backyard into the neighbors yard. Then I tilled up that dirt so that we could mix it with a truck load of topsoil Todd got yesterday afternoon. Today we went out for lunch together, took a detour to the fish store to pick up a few more fish, and then headed to Walmart to select my plants. I ended up planting 3 tomato plants, 1 cucumber plant, 1 zucchini plant, 1 yellow squash plant, a row of green beans, a row of yellow onions, 2 cilantro plants and a row of marigolds. Ryann "helped", but Judson's skin didn't allow him to help with the actual planting. I let him do the watering when we were all finished. We still need to put up cages around the tomatoes and some kind of small fence around the whole thing to keep the rabbits out of it, but for my first try I think it turned out pretty good. Besides the garden I also planted pots of basil, oregano, mint and rosemary. Should be fun to see how everything grows and hopefully I can keep the weeds pulled. I'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment