Friday, June 5, 2009

The Pool is FINALLY Open!





Our community pool opened Memorial Day weekend. The kids and I have spent quite a bit of time there so far. They love it, and I love getting them out of the house. Added bonus...they eat and sleep well after an afternoon at the pool. Judson is getting more ambitious every day. He floats around the whole pool, not concerned with how deep anything is. Last time we were there he even decided to take his arm floats off and just jumps off the edge and swims back over and over and over. He really surprises me.
Last year Ryann refused to get in any deeper than the stairs in the big pool, but this year I decided to push her a bit. I put her arm floats on, which she also refused to wear last year, and took her out to the middle of the pool. Little by little she let go and finally was floating all by herself. She was so excited and proud of herself. She just had this huge smile and kept screaming "I'm doing it Mommy! I'm doing it!". She is like a fish now. It's great!
We get there, the arm floats and goggles go on and they're off! Mommy gets to lay out in a lounge chair, sip on my cold drink and read a book while getting a tan. Ahhhh...gotta love that!

No comments: