




Today was Ryann's first day of preschool. After making muffins together for breakfast she got into her "first day of school outfit". She was very excited and a bit nervous. I was a bit nervous myself. I thought I would have a clingy girl with tears as I left her there, but I was pleasantly surprised! She grabbed her backpack and Tinkerbell lunch bag and off we went. When we walked into her classroom she was greeted by her teachers and had to hang up her backpack on her labeled hook. She grabbed my hand to take her to her seat, but as soon as she saw her name she let go, sat down and began to color. I had to ask her for a kiss and hug good-bye and that was that. It felt really strange to walk out of the school all by myself. Of course the car just naturally drove to Target. :) I spent a while there before heading back home. I did a little cleaning up around the house and then caught up on some dvr'd shows before Todd got home for lunch. By then it was time to head back to school to pick her up. She had a smile on her face when I got to her room and was excited to tell me about her first day. On the 10 minute car ride home she fell asleep. I would say that means it was a successful morning!

No comments:
Post a Comment