Thursday, August 27, 2009

Judson's First Day!



Well the day is finally here! The alarm went off at 6:00. The sky was still black. When I woke Judson up he said he was still tired and asked why we were getting up when it was still night time. I resisted the urge to blurt out "because the people in charge of school around here are NUTS!" and just replied that it would be light in a bit. As soon as he got up the excitement started to show. He bounced around from room to room, getting his breakfast, getting dressed and waking up daddy so we could get to the bus stop. We all headed out the door, after pictures of course, and made it to the bus stop with about 10 minutes to spare. Judson was just ready to go!
When the bus finally arrived Judson just ran and jumped on. Mommy was left standing there with no hugs or kisses. He just turned with the biggest, brightest smile, waved and said "bye mom!". I was allowed to get on the bus and snap a quick picture of him. As I apologized for being "that annoying parent", the bus driver just smiled and said they had done the same thing at the last stop. As I turned to exit the bus I could feel the tears start to well up and the lump in my throat, but I managed to get it under control to turn around and smile and wave as the bus drove away.
I dealt with my sadness in the best way I knew how...TJ Max! Ryann and I spent the morning leisurely roaming through the aisles at TJ Max, having lunch at Chick-fil-a, then got the grocery shopping done. By the time we got home we had just enough time to unload the groceries and head back up the road to pick Judson back up.
When the bus stopped a bunch of kids piled out. I was waiting for Judson but he never showed up. The bus driver waved me to come around. I was nervous for a minute, but she just smiled and told me that he was back there but wasn't getting up. I called him, he popped his head out and off he came. He told me he had a "GREAT" day!
I'm so proud and happy for him!

No comments: