




This year we started our Thanksgiving a bit differently. My cousin Nic was marching in the Charlotte parade. We met up with family and took the light rail to uptown where we met up with Brandon and his girlfriend and the Wilsons. It was so much fun to see the kids watching their first parade. It was cold and rainy, but they didn't seem to mind at all. They loved every minute of it, especially seeing Nic in his band uniform marching and playing Christmas music. I think it will become a yearly tradition for us.
After the parade we all headed over to mom and dad's for some munchies and football before the feast. The meal did not disappoint! It was amazing as usual. The afternoon was spent hanging out, playing games, and getting to know some new friends who joined us this year. The weather was great so the kids spent most of their day outside or playing with the pumpkin pie play dough I had made for them. And of course the men took turns watching football and sleeping, but that's part of their tradition I suppose.
The day was ended with a variety of pies...pumpkin, chocolate pudding, carmel apple, blackberry and pecan. Mmm...
After getting the kids in bed that night mom, Mary, Lisa and I met up at Garden Ridge for a couple hours of shopping before bed. It was a perfect day!

No comments:
Post a Comment