My little man is turning 5 years old today! Can you believe it? I can't. We started out the day with a candle in his Captain Crunch. After singing to him he opened the cards he had gotten from Great Grandma Melin, Aunt Sheila and Uncle John and Nana and Papa Sloan. He ended up making $30 out of the deal! I think I may snag some of it to buy him some shorts for the summer. At 5 years old he's finally moving out of the 2-T shorts he's been wearing for years now. The rest will be his to use for what ever he'd like. Thanks so much for sending the cards. His eyes just light up when he gets them. He also got a "My Very Own Bible" from Nana and Papa Sloan. I think I will use it as a kind of daily devotional to read to the kids. I've been wanting to start something like that, and this will give me a good start.
Judson had preschool today so we will bring the recommended ice cream cups for him to share with his friends after lunch.
Friday is the big birthday surprise. We are taking a family trip to the Asheboro Zoo. Grandma Risch and Uncle Brandon are taking the day off work to join us. We'll meet Auntie Lisa, Walker and Fletcher at the zoo. He knows that Grandma and Brandon are going to come with us on an exciting trip, but he doesn't know where we're going or who the special people are we're meeting once we get there. It should be a great day. The weather's supposed to be awesome. I can't wait! We took the kids to this zoo last year, and it was well worth the hour and a half drive to get there. I'll be sure to post some pictures once we return.

1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Judson! I love all of the spring pics!
Post a Comment