Saturday, March 29, 2008

This week...


This week started out pretty relaxed. Mondays are always pajama days around here. Judson usually has preschool on Tuesdays, but they had the day off, so he didn't go until Wednesday. Since it was Maston's spring break week Todd picked him up on Wednesday to spend a long weekend with us. Thursday Todd had to work so the kids played here all day. I didn't make Judson go to preschool since Maston was here. I'm sure there would have been tears if I would have made him go. They love playing with their big brother. Thursday night Todd put the tent up in the playroom. The kids all piled in and ate popcorn while watching a movie. Todd took Friday off from work, since he worked last Friday when everyone else had the day off for Easter. He spent the morning assembling the swing set for the kids. Judson's grandma and grandpa Risch and great uncle Ken and aunt Mary got him 2 swings for his birthday. Todd just had to make the frame to put them on. Once the swings were up Judson and Ryann hopped on. Ryann was more than happy to be swinging all day. Luckily the weather was beautiful on Friday so we just rotated pushing her between meals. The afternoon, while Ryann was getting a nap, the boys went to pick up my cousins for the night. The are a few years older than Maston and he just thinks they are the coolest. We spent the evening outside swinging Ryann and playing a washer game we have. (I was the champion I might add.) We grilled burgers and hot dogs for dinner. Once it got dark we headed inside. The kids watched a movie upstairs while Todd and I watched one downstairs. It's a good set-up. It was a late night for the older boys.

This morning was my turn to sleep in. I stayed in bed until 10:00 and then got up and made a big breakfast. Unfortunately Judson got some bug during the night. He started throwing up about the time I woke up. He's been on the couch all day. Pitiful little guy. We were supposed to go to a birthday party today, but Todd and Ryann ended up getting some daddy/daughter time instead. After the party Todd had to take Maston home. He'll be back around 9:00 tonight. It's been a long day for him. I have a feeling there will be a long nap taken tomorrow after playing at church and eating lunch. (What would be different from any other Sunday afternoon?)

Well, that's about it for this week.

No comments: