The rain has finally taken a vacation around here, and yesterday I decided the ground was dry enough that the kids could go back outside. As soon as we walked out we found a new furry friend crawling on the ground. A caterpillar Judson named Little Fella. I was surprised at his asking me to pick it up and put it in his hand, but I did, figuring as soon as it touched him he'd drop it and run. To my surprise he just stood there holding him. He wanted him to go everywhere with him, so I got a box and we filled it with grass and rocks and even found a few more "friends" for Little Fella. They had lots of fun watching them crawl around and even make attempts at escaping. They played with them until nap time and then I set them all free. Caterpillars are ok, but I dread the day a worm or frog makes it way into the picture. Yikes!
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment