We have a routine here in the Sloan house as a result of having only one member of this family embracing those first few moments after waking up in the morning. If you have not had the pleasure of waking up to Ryann pounding on your pillow or pulling at your arm then consider yourself warned for future sleep overs. Ryann is the type that wakes up with energy and enthusiasm with each sunrise. I, on the other hand, wake up with near anger at the thought of getting out of the covers. Since this is the case, before I go to bed at night I turn the TV to the Disney channel and the volume way down. This way when Ryann comes skipping in I can ask her to "go push the button on the TV" giving me a few moments to come to grips with the morning. On this morning I guess she didn't want to wait for me to get her her breakfast and took it upon herself, not choosing the cereal or even some graham crackers, but the ever popular breakfast food, Nacho Cheese Doritos. Now it's one thing for me to start my day this way, but it is another for my child. It is so important for a mother to establish good boundaries!
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
we're definitely related!
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Pen Drive, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://pen-drive-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment