Saturday, May 3, 2008

Weekend with Nana





Last weekend Nana Sloan came to Charlotte for a visit. I was scheduled to go stay with my sister in VA for a long weekend just in case my nephew to be, Cooper, decided to make an early entrance into the world while my brother-in-law was out of town. Kathey got here Wednesday afternoon and boy were the kids thrilled! After playing with the toys Nana brought and letting Ryann change into one of her pretty new summer dresses she also got we headed out to dinner at TGI Fridays. Yummy! After we got home we all snuggled up on the couches and watched "Water Horse", another something special Nana brought with her. It was a really cute movie.

Thursday I took Judson to preschool in the morning and then the girls went on a Target run. Gotta love those! After shopping we returned to pick Judson up from preschool. We got home and Ryann could not get me out the door fast enough. All morning she kept asking "when are you going to go on your special trip?". I got the van packed up and I was off.

It's about a 2 and a half hour drive to Lisa's. I haven't traveled without the kids much and boy was it a nice relaxing trip with grown up music, sunflower seeds to munch and Mt. Dew to sip. I'm not really one for road trips, but I really enjoyed my quiet time in the car, and the trip just flew by.

I had a great time at Lisa's. We got Cooper's nursery set up and did some more rearranging of furniture. We ended up taking the boys to the doctor with both of them having ear infections. That wasn't fun, but they are both so good when they're sick that you would barely know anything was wrong. Poor Lisa spent the whole weekend contracting. We were pretty sure on Friday night that we were going to be making a trip to the hospital, but during the night things settled down. I think we were both pretty relieved that I wasn't going to have to take Joseph's spot in the delivery room. Joseph got home around 9:00 on Saturday night. After church Sunday I took off and got home around 4:30 or 5:00. It was a nice weekend with my sister!

While I was away the kids had a great time with Nana. It was also Maston's weekend to come visit so it was nice that he got to be here with Kathey as well. They spent Saturday outside playing in the sprinkler and getting to have a fun treat from the ice cream truck. Those would be the pictures up top. Maston spent the day trying out his new "rip stick" Nana got him. It's kind of like a skate board, but has 2 separate parts and rides a bit differently. He got the hang of it pretty quickly. No broken bones, yippy!

Nana had to leave Sunday before I got back, but I know the kids had a great time with her and can't wait for our visit to Georgia next month. Thanks again Kathey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amber,
You are so good at keeping us posted on this blog. We love you and can't wait for you and the gang to get to Georgia. I also look forward to you and Todd visiting me in Chattanooga! We can eat good food, shop, party on the river. We love you!
Shelly & Kathey