Saturday, July 5, 2008

Food and Fireworks!











I hope everyone enjoyed their 4th as much as we did. It was a very relaxing day. The kids were gracious enough to sleep in until almost 9:00, which is CRAZY for Ryann, and Judson didn't come out of his room until 10:30! I can't imagine what he's going to be like as a teenager if he's already sleeping in this late at 5. Most of the day was spent getting the house cleaned up and ready for the cookout we were having.


By 6:00 the house was full. Grandma and Grandpa Risch, almost the whole Russell clan, the Wilson, and our neighbors, the Valentines joined us for a casual BBQ. The menu was hot dogs, baked beans, a couple of salads and chips. Nothing stressful, which was great! Mom brought some bars and brownies with ice cream for dessert as well. The night was spent just hanging out, talking and laughing, and having fun together.


Todd had gotten a pack of small fireworks and sparklers earlier in the day. The kids were so excited. It couldn't get dark fast enough. When we finally felt it was dark enough we headed outside. The kids loved the fireworks, and luckily some of the neighbors spent more money than we did and got some big fireworks so we were able to watch those as well as the fun little ones we had gotten. The sparklers were also a big hit. Especially with Judson. Ryann watched them from a distance but didn't want to hold them. We finally talked her into it and then a little spark must have touch her leg, and that was the end of that.


I always love having a full house and last night was no different. I have a great family and great friends as well. I'm blessed!

No comments: