




The kids and I took a long Valentine's Day weekend trip to Canton, GA to surprise Nana Sloan. I decided to tell Papa we were coming to make sure they would be home and not in Chattanooga. We got there around 5:00 Friday afternoon. The kids did well in the car. They're not used to driving on long trips so their patience is short, but so is mine, so we manage as best we can. When we got there I sent the kids to the door to ring the bell. When Nana came to the door she was in shock. We really caught her off guard, which was exactly the point! It took her a minute to really register that it was us. That night we had a great dinner at Outback (Papa's bribe to get us to come a day early!) He knows me well. A good steak could get me to do about anything!
Saturday was spent doing fun Valentine activities. Nana was prepared without even knowing it. She had stuff to make cake and cupcakes, sprinkles and all, which the kids love! Papa watched the kids for a few hours so that Nana and I could check out the cutest little gift shop. We just took our time strolling from room to room in this old house. We will have to make that a once a visit trip. So much cute stuff!
Sunday we took the kids shopping while Papa watched his race. Nana let the kids pick out one toy and also picked up Judson's birthday gift for me to take back with us. No need to pay shipping! We also got the kids some cute clothes. Walmart's got some great play clothes!
Monday Papa had to work, but Nana and I took the kids down to their little neighborhood park. We had a picnic and then let the kids play for a few hours. They had a great time and it wore them out, or at least it wore Kathey and I out. That night, while Kathey made dinner and I did some laundry, the kids watched ET with Papa.
Tuesday we got packed up and headed home. It was a great visit!

1 comment:
That sounds like a fun trip! Love the pics!
I am glad they watched ET. I remember watching that when I was about their age and I thought it was scary, lol!
Post a Comment