Monday, July 13, 2009

A Little Kid-Free Chattanooga Time






The Sunday after the reunion everyone headed home. Everyone, but Todd and I that is. We sent the kids back to Canton with Todd's parents and began a mini kid-free vacation of our own. This is the second year we've done this, and it is something we hope to do year after year. Don't get me wrong. We love our kiddos, but it's awesome to reconnect as friends rather than parents if only for a few days.
Sunday afternoon we did a little window shopping and picked up a movie. Sunday evening Shelly and Jason were having a cookout with some friends so we joined them. Fortunately the tents were still set up from the reunion because the instant the food was put out on the tables it began to rain and it continued to downpour the entire evening. Despite the weather we still had a great time! We headed next door to our "guest house" around 9:00 to watch our movie, "Grand Torino" with Clint Eastwood. Really good!
Saturday we slept in (you can assume this for EVERY morning)! We had a late breakfast and then headed over to the antique mall I have to visit every time I'm in Chattanooga. Todd was a good sport and walked through with me. There was nothing there this time I had to have, so Todd was relieved! :) We spent the rest of that afternoon walking through all the fun little shops on Frasier Street. Like I said, Todd was a real sport!
We had dinner at Shelly's that night with her and Jason and then we headed back to our house to watch another movie. This time it was "Defiance". Daniel Craig stars in and it was another great movie! Would recommend it!
Tuesday we went out to lunch and then spent the afternoon at the Chattanooga Aquarium. They've got two buildings, one river and one ocean, I think. My favorite parts were the otters, the sting rays, the butterfly sanctuary and the Jelly fish. We had a chance to feed the sting rays shrimp, but chickened out. Just couldn't do it!
That evening we had dinner at our house with Shelly and Jason and then we all headed to a movie. We went to see "The Hangover". Todd loved it, and it did have some really funny parts, but not something I would consider awesome.
Wednesday morning we all went on a river tour boat. The boat can go around 50 mph and then stop on a dime. It was pretty cool. The river was beautiful and then you couldn't beat the weather. Todd has decided we will retire there some day. I'm not sold yet, but he can dream.
That afternoon we just relaxed at the house. Todd took about a 3 hour nap while I watched a good chick-flick, "He's Just Not That Into You". Typical girl movie, but I liked it.
Wednesday night we all went to a "Lookouts" game. It's their minor league baseball team. The weather was again awesome and the field is so pretty. When you're sitting in the stands the mountains are behind it. We had the big pretzels and the little baseball hat of ice cream. Yum!
After we went and hung out at a little local bar and just enjoyed our last night in Chattanooga.
We had such a great visit and really enjoyed spending time with Jason and Shelly! Can't wait to do it again next year!!

No comments: