Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010






So we didn't get around to dying any Easter eggs this year, but I would still call the holiday weekend a success. Good Friday was Judson's first day of Spring break, and Todd had the day off as well. We enjoyed a lazy morning before I headed off to take a few hours to myself. I ran some errands and had a leisurely lunch outside, enjoying the awesome weather! Once I got home Todd and Ryann took off for the park. Todd plays volleyball with a group of people from the neighborhood and Ryann went along to play at the park. Judson's allergies were kicking in so we decided he needed to stay inside and away from the pollen. He wasn't too happy about it, but we played some games here while we waited for them to return.
On Friday night, after the kids had gone to bed, Todd and I watched "The Passion of the Christ". Neither of us had seen it before. It was very hard to watch, but I think something everyone should see once. What an amazing sacrifice was made so that we could have eternal life in Heaven with our Saviour. I was completely humbled.
Saturday Todd woke up not feeling so hot, so the kids and I headed to our church for a "Resurrection Celebration". The kids had such a good time! There was a moon bounce, face painting, games, crafts, popcorn and snow cones. After a hot dog lunch the kids had an Easter egg hunt. They came home full of carnival food and loaded down with candy and prizes. I would call it a successful morning.
On Sunday morning, with the kids in their PJ's, as suggested by our pastor's wife, we got up early to attend the sunrise service at our church. There were only a handful of us who met a the cross outside the church. We sang Easter songs together and Pastor Tim said a few words. After the service we gathered inside for a delicious breakfast, prepared and served by them men. It was just nice to be together as a church family, celebrating the most import day of a Christian's life. After breakfast we returned home to get changed into our "Easter Outfits". I'm a "match on holidays" kind of mom, so we all wore some shade of yellow or green. We went back to church for our normal service and then headed home to spend time with family here. Mom, dad, Karla, and the Russell crew joined us. We decided to skip the traditional ham this year. We decided it was just too nice to spend the day stuck in the kitchen. We grilled and had a great lunch together. After lunch the kids got to collect eggs in the backyard...yep, more candy.
It was such a great day of celebration!

No comments: