Sunday, January 16, 2011

Christmas in Canton









So yes, this is being written in March. I've been pretty slack in the blogging department, but I'm determined to get caught up and get this "diary" up to date. This year we spent Christmas in Canton, with Todd's family. I still don't know how we managed to get all the luggage and gifts packed into the Jeep for the trip, but we did. This would be the down side of NOT procrastinating with the shopping this year.
This Christmas we were joined by Kathey's sister Tina and son Clinton. He was such a patient trooper! Judson and Ryann both thought he was just the coolest thing to hit the earth. He played video games with Judson and even sat down with Ryann to play barbies on more than one occasion. They had such a blast with him.
Our Christmas didn't really begin until Christmas Eve night when our new baby Caroline arrived. Auntie Shelly and Uncle Jason came along too! :) She arrived in the stocking that Shelly was brought home from the hospital in. We all fell in love instantly! It was very emotional for everyone. She's absolutely beautiful and we all took turns getting to hold her and love on her.
Christmas morning was full of joy and surprises. Santa did not let anyone down this year. The kids woke up to a tree surrounded with all the requests from their lists and more. After the kids had their fun the grown-ups opened up our gifts as well. As we finished up with the presents we looked outside and realized that snow had begun to fall. A real "White Christmas"! It had been so long since I'd had that and a first for Judson and Ryann. They were so excited! (And so was I!) It snowed the entire day and covered the ground. It was beautiful and perfect! We truly are blessed!

No comments: