




Every Spring, when my "Better Homes and Gardens" magazine arrives in the mailbox, I'm always determined to give myself a gorgeous container garden like I see in all the pictures. My Grandma Risch always had such beautiful flowers in her garden. She had lilac bushes and containers of snapdragons. So this was the year. Todd and I have always wanted to pull out the original shrubs that were planted before we moved in, along the walk way. So we headed to the garden section of Walmart and quickly became overwhelmed. After a call to my garden genius aunt Karen and got some much needed suggestions along with a quick lessen in "perennials" vs "annuals". Thanks Karen! We spent the day pulling up ugly shrubs and planting pretty flowers. Then the container garden finally happened. I bought several different kinds of flowers, including snapdragons in honor of grandma Risch, and a few herbs and I'm so happy to report...they're ALL still living!

No comments:
Post a Comment