Friday, May 18, 2012
Ryann's Ear Piercing Drama
For Ryann's birthday she asked to get her ears pierced, so on the day of her birthday she, Judson and I drove to Claire's for what we thought would be a fun milestone for Ryann. I had called in advance to see if they had 2 piercing guns so that they could do both ears at once, but they did not. I would have preferred that way, but didn't think it would be that big of a deal. I don't remember it being a big traumatic experience and Ryann's pretty tough so off we went. What took place next was anything but fun. She started off a bit nervous, but excited. She picked out her Hello Kitty earrings and then hopped up in the chair. The lady marked her ears and then POP. First ear was done. At that moment some crazy and strong presence took over my sweet excited little Ryann. She went nuts. She began screaming, insisting she was not going to do the other one. I tried reasoning with her that she would be so disappointed to not have her ears pierced when she told all of her friends she would. Didn't work. I tried explaining that she's be so proud of herself if she could do it and have her ears pierced like she wanted. Didn't work. I even sunk to bribing her with anything (within reason) she wanted at Target if she would just do it. Didn't work. In the process of trying to convince her that she should do the other ear the lady told Ryann it would hurt even worse if she had to take the earring out. Sooo...she refused to take that one out. So here she is, hysterical, with only one earring in. Ryann was crying and screaming "I won't let her do it!" Judson was crying because Ryann was scaring him and I was mortified. I knew once she calmed down she'd be so disappointed that she didn't get it done, but there was no reasoning with her at this point. We left for home. On the drive she finally settled down and we could discuss things calmly. She agreed to go back later that night, with Grandma along for support, and get the other ear done. I'm sure the lady at the shop was not thrilled to get the call that we were coming back, but she was so brave and got the other ear pierced with almost no tears at all. It was quite the experience for all of us, but Ryann's ears are pierced and she loves it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment