Ryann just turned 3 years old on Thursday. Her birthday is so close to Christmas that it's hard to find the enthusiasm and money to make it a big production. Luckily for us she is not yet old enough to realize she's not getting the whole birthday experience. Those days will come soon enough.
We were supposed to have a party for her over Christmas, while my family was in town, but with everyone getting sick it just didn't work out. Instead we had cake with candles for breakfast and let her open the gift we brought home from Nana and Papa's. She was very excited to see her new Dora pajamas and I was excited to see some extra shirts that were needed. She also opened a few cards that came in the mail from Great Grandma Melin, Great Uncle John and Aunt Sheila and, cousins Jesse and Kristy. Thanks everyone! I think she enjoys opening the cards almost as much as gifts. She got a little spending money so we will save that until she actually needs something.
Sunday we are planning to have cupcakes and open a few presents at my mom's house after lunch and nap time. She will have her little friends over. I know she'll have a good time and especially love getting to be the center of attention.

2 comments:
Glad to hear Ryann had a fun birthday! That cake looks AWESOME. Please send me one on my birthday. =)
love the cake. Did you make it?
I'm de-lurking here. I check your blog all the time. Love to see the pics and read how ya'll are doing.
Tamra
Post a Comment