Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snow Day



For something I used to detest growing up, the sight of snowflakes starting to fall last night got me pretty sentimental. I didn't want to go to bed thinking that by morning it would be gone. It didn't start until 11:00, but I just had to wake up Judson so that he could see it for himself. He went to bed so excited about it and I was afraid that if I didn't let him see it as it fell he'd miss it all together. I wrapped him in his blanket and we went outside under the lights so he could watch it fall. He was half asleep, but his little eyes lit up. It so strange to me, from growing up in South Dakota where there's snow on the ground 5 or 6 months out of the year, that my children have really only known snow from movies.

Both kids came down screaming "Mommy it's snowing, it's snowing". Judson wanted to go out and make snow balls so badly, but it was actually raining, as I feared. They were both so sad and didn't understand why we couldn't go out. It broke my heart. It was pretty cute though. Judson opened the back door and started calling for Santa to come. He figured since there was snow on the ground it was Christmas again. So sweet!

Oh, one last thing to those of you in the Midwest, take a look at the pictures...they called off school for the day! :)

No comments: