




Last weekend was a 3 day Labor Day weekend. Saturday I had planned to take the kids over to mom and dad's to let Todd sleep in late, but Judson got up and within the hour asked to go back to bed. He wasn't feeling great. He had/has a cold and it hit him hard that morning, so it ended up being just Ryann and I. The plan for mom and dad's was for mom to watch Ryann while I helped dad clean out and organize his garage. I'm big on cleaning/organizing. In fact the idea of going into a messy garage, closet, pantry...you name it, and getting it all emptied and organized is almost embarrassingly exciting for me. Let's just say I am mocked by my family over my giddiness when I have a project in my sights.
Well, Dad and I spent a sweaty morning sorting through trash, finding treasures and reorganizing the garage. Dad didn't quite have the enthusiasm as I did. I was hoping for some sparkle at the end of it all. He was happy with organizing the mess with the goal of being able to get the cars back in the garage. Once they could fit he was ready to be done...no sparkle. (He did spend Monday doing more organizing so I'm anxious to see what he's done since we left it.)
The rest of Saturday was spent relaxing at home. I ended up keeping the kids at home Sunday. They still were sneezing and coughing and I just didn't feel right about putting them in the nursery. So we stayed home until lunch time, and then headed over to mom and dad's for lunch. It was our last Sunday lunch with Brandon before he headed to Michigan to start working for his new company. He'll stay there until the first of the year when he'll head down to Florida to work in their new branch there. He was nervous and excited and so far I think it's been going pretty well.
Since I wasn't able to get the sense of accomplishment from Saturday's garage project I decided to tackle mom and dad's playroom closet on Sunday afternoon. Mom and I were able to go through everything pretty quickly, do a little rearranging of things and now it looks great with more room in the actual playroom for the kids to play. Yippy!
Monday was my day to sleep in. I slept until 10:00! What a nice way to start a day. After lunch Ryann took her nap and I took Judson out for some errand running. Judson needed new tennis shoes since all he had in the house that fit his feet were a pair of flip-flops. We went to Marshall's and with a little persuasion on my part we were able to agree on a pair that we are both happy with (no gigantic, obnoxious Spiderman shoes!). After shoe shopping we ran to the movie store to pick up a copy of "Nim's Island" and then to the grocery store for a few things. When we got home the kids and I made homemade vanilla ice cream. I found a recipe that used no eggs and had no cooking. Very easy and ended up being soooooo yummy! It took all of 30 minutes to mix the ingredients and have soft serve ice cream to eat.
After pizza and bread sticks for dinner we all cuddled under blankets in the living room to watch the movie together. It was a really cute movie. I offered the kids some ice cream, but even after the excitement of making it they still preferred a Dora popsicle. Oh well, more ice cream for Todd and I.
After the movie it was bed time. It was a great, relaxing, family Labor Day!

1 comment:
Download 311 Mp3 (13)
Download Mario Ochoa Mp3 (10) http://danceplatform.net/artist529183/dj-ostkurve/1/ - Download Dj Ostkurve Mp3 (1) [url=http://danceplatform.net/artist447843/2-many-dj-s/1/]Download 2 Many Dj's Mp3[/url] (9) Download Gabriel Batz Mp3 (2) Download Tomash Gee Mp3 (1) [url=http://danceplatform.net/artist145891/underdog-project/1/]Download Underdog Project Mp3[/url] (2) http://danceplatform.net/artist250226/dj-tatana/1/ - Download DJ Tatana Mp3 (10) http://danceplatform.net/artist122735/rank-1/1/ - Download Rank 1 Mp3 (5) http://danceplatform.net/artist520209/dj-mns-vs-e-maxx/1/ - Download Dj Mns Vs. E-Maxx Mp3 (2) [url=http://danceplatform.net/artist217984/wumpscut-vs-haujobb/1/]Download Wumpscut VS Haujobb Mp3[/url] (1) Download Alex Cortez Mp3 (1) http://danceplatform.net/artist113131/space/1/ - Download Space Mp3 (18) Download Cutty Ranks Meets David Rodigan Mp3 (1) [url=http://danceplatform.net/artist162005/alexandra-slate/1/]Download Alexandra Slate Mp3[/url] (1) [url=http://danceplatform.net/artist457496/toni-basil/1/]Download Toni Basil Mp3[/url] (2)
Post a Comment