Saturday, September 13, 2008

Trip to Nana and Papa's & Chattanooga with my Nephews (Could this title be any longer?)






Last Sunday the kids and I drove to Nana and Papa Sloan's house. It was the first time I had driven there with the kids by myself. I was a little nervous about it, but it ended up not being bad at all. The kids were good. Kids now days have it so nice with the little dvd players to keep them occupied. I don't know how our parents did it! I guess we're just spoiled.

We got to Canton by around 7:00 and enjoyed a spaghetti meal Kathey had waiting for us. After dinner we just relaxed while the kids played with the new little toys Nana had waiting for them. They get so excited when we get there that the first night of trying to get them to go to bed is always a struggle, but after about an hour of giggling and playing up in their room they finally fell asleep.

The next morning I slept in a bit and then got myself packed up to drive to Chattanooga. The kids were staying with Nana and Papa while I spent a couple of days in Chattanooga in the "guest house" watching my 2 nephews while my sister and her husband had a church conference a couple of hours away. We had a good 2 days. The boys enjoyed playing with the new toys in the house and enjoyed going on a walk with "auntie Shelly", Todd's sister. On Wednesday afternoon Lisa, Joseph and little Cooper got back from the conference. They are spending the rest of the week have a little family vacation in Chattanooga. On my way out of town Lisa and I took an hour or so and walked around a big antique store I like there. I didn't get anything this time, but I still love to look at all the neat things.

After I got back to Canton we all went out for dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Judson and Ryann had been practicing their Spanish and were very proud of themselves as they said "hola" and "gracias" when the waiter came and brought us our food.

Thursday we spent a relaxed morning and then by lunch time we took the kids to Walmart. Judson had run out of "crispy treats" and his favorite cereal and we couldn't have that. After Walmart we had some McDonalds and headed home. That night, after a great meal, and a quick bath, and a phone call home to wish Todd a Happy Birthday, everyone headed to bed early.

Friday was the day to head back to Charlotte. We had breakfast. I got the van packed back up. We always seem to leave with so much more than what we came with! :) We said our thank-you's and good-byes and headed home. It was a pretty uneventful trip. We love spending time at Nana and Papa's and can't wait to see them again.

No comments: