





When I was a little girl my brothers and sister and I made these special, sticky Christmas "cookies" with our Grandma Risch. This year we decided that our kids were old enough to take on this tradition with their Grandma Risch. The cookies are made by rolling a jumbo marshmallow in melted carmel and then rolling them in rice crispies. When we did this with our grandma we had a big pile of rice crispies in the middle of the table and we just made a huge mess, which was part of the fun of it. Being the neat freak that I am I decided we would put the crispies in bowls and use place mats. I think it took something away from it, so next year it will be full on messy fun! No place mats and no confining of the crispies. The kids still had fun, although, as usual, no one really wanted to eat them after seeing how many times the kids licked their sticky fingers and then continued to make more cookies. That's ok. The fun of the tradition was carried on and what memories it brought back! My Grandma would have loved to have seen it. Made me miss her so much!

No comments:
Post a Comment