







Todd and I got to host the Sloan family Christmas this year. It was bitter sweet. We have so many fun memories of Christmas morning at Nana and Papa's house, but it was fun to get to start creating Christmas memories in our new home as well. We had been doing a lot of prep work before everyone arrived. We did more painting than we were planning to, but that is a story for another time. We did some rearranging, cleaning, of course and baking. By the time the doorbell rang on the night of the 23rd we were more than ready to see Nana, Papa, and Shelly! Tuesday night was spent playing with the kids and then later relaxing and reminiscing. I got to hear a lot of Sloan stories, which I always enjoy! Christmas Eve was spent at home. There was the putting together of the annual Christmas puzzle. Bobby and I had a little helper this year. Ryann loves puzzles! I must have chosen an easy one because we had it finished by lunch. We played outside, and enjoyed the mild weather, throwing the baseball, hanging the pretty red bird houses Nana brought and assembling the kids "gingerbread houses". It was a messy activity, but I think everyone had fun with it.
After dinner we drove to our main campus to attend the Christmas Eve service. Besides being very hot inside, the service was wonderful! After church we came home, sprinkled our reindeer food on the yard (I forgot to set out Santa's cookies with the kids, but so far they haven't mentioned it, whew!), and then sent the kids to bed so that "Santa" could set the stage for Christmas morning.
Christmas morning the kids were coming down the stairs by about 7:30. They were so excited to see everything that Santa had left for them. New bikes, princess stuff and knights and dragons, baby-dolls and Transformers. Santa did a great job. We then emptied our stockings and then opened our gifts. I tried to do the old "go around the circle and open one gift at a time", but that just didn't happen. The kids are just too excited to wait. After almost everything was opened Todd brought out the mystery gift he had gotten for me. It was a red Kitchen aid mixer! I had no idea it was coming. Of course right away I took it into the kitchen to make Pumpkin Bread. While the kids played with their toys the rest of us relaxed while eating our breakfast casserole, and watching the Disney parade. Later we took the kids out in the 70 degree weather to ride their new bikes. They did a great job!
Christmas night we went to my parent's house to have dinner there. I should say a Christmas feast! We had turkey with all sides. It was wonderful! We spent the night talking and laughing with family and friends. It was wonderful!
The next morning was time for Papa, Nana and Shelly to head back to GA. We loved having them here and it is a Christmas I will not soon forget.

1 comment:
it sounds like everyone had a wonderful Christmas at your home! many more good ones to come!
Post a Comment