



Yet again I was sucked in by weather reports of a "winter storm" to hit Charlotte during the night. My excitement during the day grew and grew with each radar. I was just sure that we were going to get those 2-5 inches of powdery white snow we were promised. As the night went on the reports began to change and by the time we went to bed I feared for the worst. A morning with 2 teary-eyed children asking why we can't play in the snow today.
When we got up this morning the storm we had been promised equaled a barely covered ground with slight flurries. I was so disappointed, but luckily for Judson and Ryann, who have barely seen a real snow flake in their little lives, it was thrilling! Before even eating breakfast they got their gear on headed outside. By gear I mean a pathetic assortment of hats, gloves, jackets and vests meant to keep them warm in 40 degree, dry weather. Fortunately they didn't seem to mind. The snow was too powdery to make a good snowball, but they were content to run around and throw handfuls of snow at each other. Judson was the first to go in due to the cold. I think Ryann would have stayed out until it melted if I would have let her. Of course that still would have only given her a few hours of fun. By lunch time the sun was shining and the snow had disappeared. I'm guessing that will be it for this year, it was fun while it lasted.


No comments:
Post a Comment